Thursday, November 18, 2010

In today's Metro...

Exherts from the free morning rag:

For just on £35 you can buy a (tacky) replica of Kate's engagement ring.

There's flooding in Cornwell, and pictures to prove it.

It's not all about rhinestones and sequins: shimmer and sheen are this season's understated glamour.

In a pet shop in China every ferret sold comes with its own passport.

A housing official has aoplogised for saying a jobless man didn't have any brains.

There is now a Flushtracker application that allows you to follow what happpens when a flush leaves your loo. Just type in your address and the last time you flushed, and the application will reveal the position, speed and distance travelled by the 'water'.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds a lot more interesting than the Wellingtonian - I would actually try the flushtracker once for a laugh - can you please try it and let me know how it goes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was interested in the flushtracker too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo glad that I'm not in the UK while the Royal Bloody Engagement is on. At least here in egalitarean NZ I can have a quiet chunder every time I hear about the "happy couple"

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will investigate Flushtracker and get back to you (in a post of course).

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I was interested in the flushtracker too."

    Scatological.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's Comeinyourpants' favourite word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you just jealous because he has a word knowledge far superior to you (and me)?

    ReplyDelete